|| 网站首页 | 文秘公文 | 免费试题 | 教学用文 | 优秀教案 | 各类考试 ||
|您现在的位置： 东星资源网 >> 各类考试 >> 成人高考 >> 英语复习 >> 正文|
1.When asked about the ongoing uproar involving U.S. President Bill Clinton ,most people say the affair involves a purely private matter . But many other people regard his actions as deplorable . I personally think the president committed impeachable offences .
2. When it comes to the increasing use of motor vehicles in Beijing ,some people think that use should be limited . Others argue that the opposite is true . There is probably some truth to both arguments,but emission controls must be instituted regardless of the number of vehicles.
3. There is a general debate nowadays about the problem of itinerant workers . Those who object to the rising migrant population argue that increasing numbers lead to rising crime rates and harm social stability . They believe that strict limits should be placed on migrants entering China ' s cities . But people who favor the influx of the cheap labor force ,on the other hand,maintain that migrants are needed to support the massive urban infrastructure construction program .
4. It is widely acknowledged that extensive deforestation contributed to heavy summer flooding . Experts argue that China must introduce a massive afforestation program . But I doubt whether afforestation alone will solve the problem .
5. Most people are of the opinion that wealth provides solutions to all problems . But in spite of the material benefits wealth provides, I believe one should abandon the pursuit of materialism and instead concentrate on the pursuit of happiness .
6. Many people believe that capital punishment deters crime . But although criminologists have conducted exhaustive research regarding the subject ,little evidence exists to support the claim .
19. Perhaps no issues are more controversial than euthanasia and abortion ,both of which involve taking the life of a human being .
20. Never before in history has the issue of overpopulation been more evident than now .
21. Perhaps it is time to reexamine the idea that college degrees are a guarantee of intelligence .
22. A growing number of people are beginning to realize that wealth is not the sole prerequisite for happiness .
23. In spite of the extraordinary progress made in science and technology ,problems remain in terms of guaranteeing that achievements benefit the greatest number of people .
24. A famous thinker once wrote that " the greatest threat to mankind is mankind itself ！" If this is indeed the case ,then the current situation should make us ponder our futuer existence .
25. U.S. President Harry Truman once remarked :"The buck stops here ！ "His view has been confirmed by numerous world leaders who have assumed full responsibility for their actions .
26. Large families were once seen as a blessing . Today ,however ,things are changing and an increasing number of Chinese parents realize that fewer is better .
27. People used to place total reliance on the government . The so-called "iron rice bowl "prevailed in the past ,but things are quite different today .
28. Several years ago , Chinese streets were filled with people wearing identical drab clothing . Today , however, things are quite different and the streets are awash with people wearing fashionable bright colored outfits . Why has the change taken place ？
29. Years of observing human behavior has enabled me to conclude that the major difference between mediocrity and success lies solely with the individual concerned . Successful individuals consistently seek advancement ,while their less industrious contemporaries are merely content with the status quo .
30. Traditional way of thinking have changed dramatically . The pendulum has swung and people are exhibiting greater open-mindedness and a burning desire to detemine their own destiny .
31. There has been undesirable trend in recent years towards the worship of money . A recent survey showed that X percent of respondents ranked getting rich as their top priority ,compared to X percent only a few years ago . Why do people fail to realize that wealth does not necessarily bring happiness ？
32. Some months ago,a friend of mine was killed in a tragic automobile accident involving a drunk driver . The incident was far from rare,and was in fact typical of thousands of cases involving people dricing under the influence of alcohol .
|| 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 联系站长 | 友情链接 | 版权申明 ||
|Copyright (c) 2005-2010 Www.dxf5.com All Rights Reserved 东星资源网 版权所有